I was reading Psalm 107 today and began to realize I was repeating the same phrase over and over. Actually 3 times. But it was a fairly short Psalm so it caught my eye. The phrase was " Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble and he saved them from their distress.
First save, he brought them out of darkness and deepest gloom and broke away their chains.
Second, Sent forth his word and healed them-rescued them from the grave.
Third, Stilled the storm to a whisper and calmed the sea and guided them to their desired haven.
Then it goes on to say how we should respond. "Let us give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. Let us exalt and praise Him in the assembly of the people and tell of his works with songs of joy." My paraphrase. Go read Psalm 107. God did other wonderful things for them. I just listed a few.
God is only a cry away. He hears and He acts. Three different situations all met individually according to the need. How awesome is our God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Foggy Brain
Found my old blogs and started scrolling back in time. Loved the pictures on Walkers Take it All in Stride blog. Those grans have grown up s...
-
Jeremiah 17:9-10,14 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the Lord search the heart and examine...
-
Today has been an interesting day. I have been pondering a lot. That usually leads to unanswered questions and then more questions to ponder...
-
Old Testament history has taught us that God blessed and protected his people over and over and they were never content. They wan...
No comments:
Post a Comment