I am thankful God made each of us different. Unique. What a boring world it would be if we were all the same. We are all created for a purpose. Each of our purposes is as different as our personalities but all of us are similar in our design to worship our Creator. Some have found the Savior and the rest are still searching trying to fill that void place that only God can fill. All Christians are called to share the Gospel. The Gospel is the basis for all we do. All buildings, programs, activities, projects, mission work, food/clothes closets, etc. are for the purpose of reaching people with the Good News.
Today my concern is over reverse prejudice/discrimination. I am pondering this because of several conversations and observations I have had over the last several years. I am also pondering my own intentions as well.
The Lord usually creates situations around me to reveal faulty thinking I have in my own life by drawing my attention to it in others. By the time I get really frustrated I realize I need to check myself and see if there are any ungodly thoughts/ways on my part.
I listen to Mac Brunson on Sunday nights. One night in particular he was talking about how people seem to only want to minister to the poor and when we talk about reaching the rich people others seem to think you are only after their money or that you think they are more important. Some think the wealthier don’t need any help. I am thinking that is reverse prejudice/discrimination. Rich people are just as lost as poor people. They are also probably harder to reach because of their self suffiency. There are many needs to be met not just physical ones. It is easier to meet physical needs than emotional needs. It is easier to feed and clothe someone than to heal a broken heart or relieve a soul that is stressed to the point of giving up on life. All humans have the same basic emotional needs. Whether rich or poor all of us have needs. In our mission to meet these needs we must always share the Gospel. Things on earth are temporary so we must make sure we share how to have eternal life. 1 Cor. 7:31b(NIV) For this world in its present form is passing away.
The harvest is ripe regardless of race, status, or economical standing. I am thankful God calls each person to the area they are best equipped to do effective ministry. God looks on the hearts of all men and knows their motives. The motivation is more important than the method. We tend to focus on the method and believe our own is the best and try to force it on others. God can lead each person to the method that is the best way for them to serve Him.
I am also beginning to wonder if pride is an issue. Like reaching and ministering to the poor and needy makes you more holy. I of all people want to help the downtrodden. I do not consider myself privileged in any way. I see myself as rich with many blessings. Material processions do not determine the value of the character of a person. I strive to see all people the same. My prayer is to see others as God sees them. It is a challenge.
1 Tim. 4:10 (NIV) (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men.
My heart and conviction is to help whoever is in need (physically, emotionally, and spiritually). So as you go out and serve the Lord in the area you feel God has called you to, just be careful you are not critical of those who wish to reach the whole world (rich and poor) with the Gospel in a different way. God sees us all the same. The ground is level at the foot of the cross. Just a thought!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Foggy Brain
Found my old blogs and started scrolling back in time. Loved the pictures on Walkers Take it All in Stride blog. Those grans have grown up s...
-
Jeremiah 17:9-10,14 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the Lord search the heart and examine...
-
Today has been an interesting day. I have been pondering a lot. That usually leads to unanswered questions and then more questions to ponder...
-
Old Testament history has taught us that God blessed and protected his people over and over and they were never content. They wan...
No comments:
Post a Comment