Sunday, September 2, 2007

Starve Your Black Dog

Jeremiah 17:9-10,14
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.” Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved,for you are the one I praise.

What a powerful scripture! God knows us better than we know ourselves. It is getting harder as Christians to keep a pure heart in a corrupt world. Other than moving into a cave with no media input I know of no way to not be exposed to worldly thoughts and images. We can limit our exposure. We have to purpose it in our hearts in advance to have a plan to protect our minds. First we must put on the armor of the Lord (Eph.6:10-18). Pray daily for protection and awareness. Our minds are tricky and deceitful so we must be on alert and not let our hearts deceive us into thinking we are doing just fine. God sees deep inside so we must pray daily for Him to reveal any areas of our lives that sin may be creeping in. The devil is patient. He is also persistant. I have learned over the years one spiritual victory can’t last a lifetime.It is a daily diet of God’s Word and prayer that makes us victors. Remember it this way: If you have a white dog (spiritual) and a black dog (flesh) residing in you, the one you feed the most will be the strongest. I am asking God to give me a hungry for only Him.

1 comment:

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

"I have learned over the years one spiritual victory can’t last a lifetime."

Isn't that the truth!?!

And warfare follows soon after. :-(

Foggy Brain

Found my old blogs and started scrolling back in time. Loved the pictures on Walkers Take it All in Stride blog. Those grans have grown up s...