People turned from God and followed after idols. They wanted to be like the other countries. They exchanged the truth for a lie. God finally gave them what they wanted. The things they wanted led them into slavery and misery. Then they began to turn back to God and beg for his mercy. That is my prayer for us today. I pray God has allowed these current events to be the catalyst to bring people back to Him.
2 Tim. 3:2-4 (NIV) But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, [3] without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, [4] treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
America has been a great country. I believe it has been great because of godly men who pursued to design a nation with God at the core. The men who laid the foundation of our country were seeking to build a nation with godly biblical principles. God Blessed
The moral foundation ran deep into our families, churches, schools, and businesses. They never dreamed of asking people to tolerate blatant repulsive sin in their lives. Instead people prayed and worked hard on family values and workplace ethics.
So what happened? First people began to love sin more than God. They couldn’t continue to stand under the conviction they were feeling so they started screaming tolerance. Anyone speaking the truth isn’t tolerated. By the way, the tolerance doesn’t go both ways.
People began abusing their freedom of speech and the right to express themselves artistically. That right was used to promote their agenda of sin which has led to the downfall of the culture our forefathers had carefully laid out for us. We are no longer a God fearing nation.
Somewhere in the middle of all this greed, drugs, porn, pedophilia and other destructive behaviors have become readily available and acceptable. Adults love these things more than their own children, leading to the deterioration of the family. Just watch the news. The state of our children is alarming. Children are being bombarded with media input promoting vile and destructive behaviors.
Of course the freedom of expression is said to be more important than respecting the innocence of our children and that people shouldn’t watch it if they don’t like it. Tell that to a 10 year boy who is left home alone day and night. I don’t have to describe anymore of this to you. You know what I am talking about. I am sure I don’t even know the worst of it and really don’t think my heart could take it.
So what happened to the church? Where did it get lost in all this? Why didn’t it fight? Why is the world converting more to the dark side than we as Christians are to the LIGHT?
In my past 32 years of being a wife of a minister, I can say I have seen a lot that would make you wonder if people even know why they are at church and who they serve? Internal fighting has led many people to leave traditional churches. Internal fighting over power and material issues has turned people off to the things of God. Why would anyone turn to the church for help? They are busy with their own issues. Pastors stay busy trying to keep disgruntled church members at bay.
I am pleased to say this has been changing over the last few years. I am so thankful for the men and women with the courage to stand up for TRUTH. It is happening all over this country. Praise be to God for this. It is just beginning.
Then you have the commercialization and marketing of Jesus as some type of business. Conferences, coaching seminars, how to grow your church books and every other kind of book you can think of. We have more Christian material than ever and less implementation of Christian living. Maybe we all need to get our heads out of Christian books and into the Bible. Then share with others what we know about Him instead of being puffed up with information. I love reading books and read many per year. But there should be some results to all this input or it is wasting precious time.
Some ministers are so busy trying to be culturally cool that they have had little impact on the culture.. If we look too much like the world why would anyone think we are offering them anything different? They are already drowning in a sea of entertainment and technology. It isn’t giving them hope. We have the message. It is great to deliver that message in a creative way. The message is the focus not the way we package it.
Praise the Lord there are many ministers who are working feverishly to reach the lost. Many are not compromising or renaming and adjusting the Gospel to make it popular or comfortable to the world. Amazingly people are responding. The younger generation is being drawn to a more traditional approach. HHUMMM. Maybe we have underestimated them and their search for truth. They seem to be looking for something real and authentic that they can trust more than being entertained and hearing watered down theology.
So, now we have a king. He ran on the promise of rebuilding our country. He didn’t like the one we have. He promised to reshape our country. He ran on a national healthcare plan for us all. He told us exactly what he planned to do. He was very clear about this plan to socialize us. Our people elected him. He is doing what he said he would.
We are not a country who considers God in our plans anymore. We have turned to our own ways. Taken prayer out of everything but church and we don’t do much of it there either. We elected a leader who has no consideration or respect for our founding fathers and the Godly intend of our nation. Remember people loved him and elected him.
I sense we are heading to a bondage and slavery like we have never seen. I am praying that God will draw all his people to himself. I pray the church will wake up and take up the cross of Jesus and begin to share it like never before. The time is now. Things are changing fast. You never know how long you will have the freedom to share Christ. It isn’t all that popular now. But at least it isn’t illegal yet.
I am sounding the alarm. My soul is disturbed. I keep thinking what can I do? I am only one person. I believe we can pray and be vocal in the world around us. Matthew 10:7 (NASB-U) "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" As you go in your church, neighborhoods, and community live a life of integrity and speak to others about the love of God and how Christ came for them to save them.
The reason to share isn’t to grow a super big church or impress anyone, but to reach the lost and give hope to those who feel helpless and show them the way to eternal life.
Many believe a change in the White House will change things. I don’t think so. It could help for sure but we still have a sin sick nation. Rise up people of God. Take a stand for what is right. I love the quote,
In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. George Orwell
That is a shame but if that is what it takes then we will make people uncomfortable. We as Christians have been uncomfortable for along time.
You can make a difference. And no you will not be popular in this society. There is still time and there is still hope.
1 comment:
That is really good! I totally agree. Christian people need to live the life that we have been "studying". Rise up and tell the good news as we have been commissioned to do!
Post a Comment